Author's Note: I have found the RIFTS Bushido Code too much like a rewrite of the Knight's Code of Chivalry. I went on my own crusade of sorts searching via the web. I did find a wonderful sight that explains the mind and code by which the Samurai live(d) by. This is the Samurai Creed.
- I have no parents; I make the Heavens and the Earth my parents.
- I have no home; I make the Tan T'ien my home.
- I have no divine power; I make honesty my Divine Power.
- I have no means; I make Docility my means.
- I have no magic power; I make personality my Magic Power.
- I have neither life nor death; I make A Um my Life and Death.
- I have no body; I make Stoicism my Body.
- I have no eyes; I make The Flash of Lightening my eyes.
- I have no ears; I make Sensibility my Ears.
- I have no limbs; I make Promptitude my Limbs.
- I have no laws; I make Self-Protection my Laws.
- I have no strategy; I make the Right to Kill and the Right to Restore Life my Strategy.
- I have no designs; I make Seizing the Opportunity by the Forelock my Designs.
- I have no miracles; I make Righteous Laws my Miracle.
- I have no principles; I make Adaptability to all circumstances my Principle.
- I have no tactics; I make Emptiness and Fullness my Tactics.
- I have no talent; I make Ready Wit my Talent.
- I have no friends; I make my Mind my Friend.
- I have no enemy; I make Incautiousness my Enemy.
- I have no armour; I make Benevolence my Armour.
- I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle.
- I have no sword; I make No Mind my Sword.
Special Thanks to: Sensei LFowler of The Noble House of Kenjutsu for all information regarding the Samurai Creed, and information regarding Samurai ways of thinking.